Monday, October 6, 2008

Will You Read Free Chapters Of My Book For Dementia Caregivers?

Starting with this post, I plan to publish my entire book, "Dementia Diary, A Caregiver's Journal" chapter by chapter on this blog. You may ask, "Why are you doing this? Don't you want people to buy it?"

The answer is, "Yes," I do want people to buy it, and many have—but, more importantly, I want people to read it. I wrote it primarily to help caregivers cope with their own situations and I've been gratified by the hundreds of wonderful comments I've received since my memoir was published.

No, there's no catch. If you have the patience you can read the entire book right here in future posts. My mother would be thrilled to know that her illness has brought comfort and peace to others caught in the web of dementia as sufferers or caregivers. And both she and I would hate to think that the price of the book would ever keep anyone from reading it.

So bookmark this blog and check back at least weekly. Of course, If you enjoy these posted chapters and can't wait the months it will take to see the entire book on this blog, then please feel free to go to my website or Amazon's or Lulu or to any of your favorite on-line booksellers to buy your very own copy. Or to buy one as a gift for someone who needs it.

But whether you do this or not, look for the first post, the Preface, in the next day of so.

I hope my memoir will give you the same level of peace and acceptance that many other caregivers have experienced. And, maybe, even enjoy a chuckle or two at the familiar anecdotes described.

May your struggle with dementia care be a gentle one!

Bob Tell
Author, "Dementia-Diary, A Caregiver's Journal"
http://www.dementia-diary.com

No comments: